Disclosure

My Favorite Things ♥ April 2013

01 May 2013


Happy May 1st! I am so excited that the weather is finally starting to warm up around me! Summer is almost here, I can feel it! And of course, with the passing of another month I have a whole bunch of products that I've been loving, and I want to share them with you guys! I have quite a few beauty products I've been wearing pretty much nonstop, and as usual a few other random obsessions thrown in. So let's go ahead and jump into everything!


Beauty:

Pure Ice Nail Polish in Twinkle- I've been wearing this nail polish pretty much the entire month of April! It doesn't translate quite as well on camera, but the color is an absolutely gorgeous coral with tiny gold flecks that create an iridescent shimmer. Not only is the color amazing, but it has really great staying power as well. I got through just over a week wearing it with zero chips, which is basically a personal best for me. Oh, and did I mention you can find it for about $2 at Walmart?  For some reason they don't sell the Pure Ice line of polish online, so you guys should definitely just head over to your local Walmart and scoop one (or ten!) up. 




Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadow in Barely Branded and Inked in Pink- I have been completely obsessed with Color Tattoos since the second they came out. The consistency is just so creamy and smooth, and the color seriously lasts all day long. For some reason, up until a few weeks ago I was never able to track down the metal collection of Color Tattoos at any stores around me. So when I noticed them while I was browsing the beauty section at Walmart, it basically made my life day. 



 LiSi Cream Color Lipstick in Spring Break- So I actually first showed you guys this lipstick a few weeks ago in my Spring Shopping Haul. And since then, it has become one of my all-time favorites! The consistency is just super creamy and the color is really build-able so you can take your look from semi-sheer during the daytime to bright at night. LiSi reminds me a lot of MAC in terms of minimalist chic packaging as well as quality. Their lipstick can seriously hold it's own next to MAC for a fraction of the cost!



Too Faced Natural Face Palette- I basically just got this palette on a whim when I saw it on sale at Ulta, and I am so glad I did! The powder blush included in the palette is an absolutely gorgeous shade of peachy pink that gives a gorgeous natural-looking flush. I really love the bronzing veil as well, it's a light bronze that gives my fair skin just a hint of color. Also, the brightener works great for applying over dark circles and on the inner corners of the eye to get a wide-awake, glow-y effect. The luminizer works wonderfully for highlighting as well! 

I'm not crazy about the creme blush and concealer so far. It might just be because of my oily skin, but the creme blush just has no staying power whatsoever for me. It's a really beautiful color and I feel like it would look great on someone who's skin isn't an oil slick, but it just doesn't work for me. Same with the concealer, there is just not enough coverage for my liking and the shade is slightly too dark for me anyway. I definitely think this palette is worth it just because I got a really good deal on it and I love the majority of the items it comes with, however the regular price is pretty darn high! I would recommend waiting for a sale, or  at least going over to your local Ulta or Sephora and testing out the products before you make the investment.



Fashion:


BaubleBar Noir Pop Bracelets- So I've been seeing these bracelets absolutely everywhere the past few months, but I kept putting off buying one because I just have so many bracelets and I've been trying to cut down a little. However, about a month ago I finally caved and I am so glad that I did! They are just so versatile. I've worn them with everything from jeans and a tee at school to a dressy black blazer and they just compliment any outfit. Plus, I love that the sizing is adjustable! It makes me feel much better about buying them for myself or as a gift and knowing that whatever the wrist size, the bracelet will fit. 

P.S.- Be sure to browse BaubleBar's website, they have tons more cute bracelets in similar styles!


Forever 21 Bow Back Pullover in Salmon- Okay, words cannot even express how completely obsessed I am with this top! When I first saw it on the rack, it just looked like your typical pink pullover so I wasn't very impressed. But from the second I pulled it out and saw the bows on the back, I was absolutely sold! It also doesn't hurt that it's super comfy, like on the level of my favorite lazy day hoodie. So needless to say, I've gotten a lot of use out of it this month! 


Food:

Pirate's Booty- As I kid, I used to bring this in my little lunch bag almost every single day. And somehow over the years I completely forgot about it's cheesy, crunchy goodness! Thankfully, I happened to stumble on it while I was grocery shopping a few weeks ago and oh boy, it is definitely as good as I remember! What I love about Pirate's Booty as well is that it's all-natural, so there aren't any of those freaky unpronounceable ingredients and radioactive looking orange dyes you find on traditional puffed corn cheesy snacks. Seriously, go buy some!


Blogger:

Bows and Beauty- Lizzy, the blogger behind Bows and Beauty, is actually a real life friend of mine and an amazing writer! She just got started about a week ago so she doesn't have a whole lot up yet, but what she does have is hilarious, informative, and makes me want to go out and buy whatever product she's talking about! So go check out Bows and Beauty and say hi!



That's it for my favorite things this month! Have any products or other randomness you've been loving this month? I'd love to hear about it in the comments below! 



1 comment:

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by