Disclosure

My Favorite Things ♥ March 2013

01 April 2013


Happy April 1st, everyone! Is it just me, or did March seriously just fly by? It's been such a fun month and I have discovered so many awesome new things that I decided to start a brand new series of posts all about my favorite things each month. I'll be talking about everything from my favorite cosmetics and clothes to other random favorites like TV shows and food. So let's get started!

BEAUTY:

Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten- So I actually got this shadow with the "It Girl" palette that Ulta was selling awhile back. I wanted the palette for the other two colors it came with, but I ended up falling in love with Kitten. Stila describes it as a "shimmering nude pink" and I would say that is pretty accurate. It just gives my eyes this amazing luminosity that makes me look wide awake while still looking super natural. Plus, I just love the consistency of Stila eyeshadows. They go on incredibly smooth and last me all day long which is definitely an accomplishment with my oily skin. 


Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple- Most of you guys probably already know, I absolutely love Revlon lip butters. They have just the right amount of sheer color payoff like a lip gloss (without any of the stickyness!) while providing all the moisture of a lip balm. I generally stick with the more natural pink or nude tones unless I'm going all out, but I decided to go outside my comfort zone this month and try out Candy Apple, which is a bright apple red. Of course, because it is a lip butter it doesn't come out as bright on the lips as it does it the tube. However, another thing I love about the lip butters is that the color is really build-able so I was able to layer on the color to make it a bit more intense. I would definitely recommend this one if you are new to red lips or want a shade of red that is a little more wearable for daytime. 



e.l.f. Studio Blush in Twinkle Pink- This blush is just a really beautiful shade of peachy pink that gives my skin a natural looking flush. I've actually discovered that it's a really great dupe for NARS Orgasm and it is literally a fraction of the cost at $3. The only problem I have with it is that the powder is really loose and messy, so be careful around clothing or other stuff you don't want to be covered in blush! 


FASHION:

American Eagle Outfitters Metallic Boat Shoes in Rose Gold- I've been absolutely loving boat shoes for spring. They're so preppy and nautical they make me think of being on a boat in the warm weather! This pair in particular is not only super cute, but they also pass my comfort test after walking around campus in them all day long. They come in a bunch of other colors that are perfect for spring, but I love the rose gold because it's really glam yet versatile. Did I mention these guys are an almost exact dupe for Sperry's?!



Forever 21 Polka Dot Peter Pan Collar Shirt- This top has seriously been the most versatile piece for me these past few weeks. I love that it can be worn super casual with a colorful cardigan and skinny jeans, or a little more dressy tucked into a classic black skirt. The Peter Pan collar is one of the trends for this season that I am definitely on board with- especially when it involves polka dots too!



TV SHOW:

True Blood- I was always hesitant to watch True Blood (despite all the awesome things I heard about it!) just because I'm majorly squeamish with blood. However, I finally decided to give it a shot this month and I am so glad I did! The show is incredibly well-written and suspenseful, and the guys on the show aren't so bad to look at either! Plus, the blood and gore factor isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, there is quite a bit of it but I can usually tell it's coming so I know to look away. I know, I'm a complete baby. But anyway, it's a great show and if you haven't tried it you definitely should! 



FOOD:

S'mores Toaster Strudel- If you were one of those kids (like me!) who always preferred Toaster Strudel to Poptarts, you seriously need to try the new S'mores flavor! They have a marshmallow fluff-ish filling and chocolate frosting and they are absolutely delicious. I discovered the new flavor at Walmart, and it's limited edition so go stock up quickly before it's gone!



That's going to be it for my March Favorite Things! I'd love to hear what you think of this new idea and any of YOUR favorites in the comments down below! 



4 comments:

  1. I've been really eyeing those shoes lately and haven't gotten them yet. I feel like the style works great for a lot of things for spring and summer, and I'm a sucker for the rose gold color. But a lot of people have been telling me they think the shoes are ugly (for the boat style) and I'm starting to reconsider. Any words of advice or a vote of confidence to help me decide?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dreya,
      I say if you like them, that's all that really matters! Everyone has a different opinion when it comes to what they think is stylish, so I've come to just trust my own instincts and not be influenced by anyone else's taste. One of my best friends is a really simple dresser who only wears neutral colors, so she thinks that half the things I wear are absolutely crazy. That certainly does not stop me from buying them! :)

      P.S. If you need some extra reassurance, here is an article all about the boat shoe trend on Refinery 29: http://www.refinery29.com/boat-shoes

      Delete
  2. Somehow, Colorburst Lip Butters and I haven't really got along, but I do love Stila's shadows.
    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Why haven't the lip butters worked out for you Renu? Glad you're liking the Stila eyeshadow though!

      Delete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by